Florida Month-to-Month Lease Agreement
If a tenant plans on staying in Florida for a short amount of time, or simply does know the amount of time they will be staying, then a month-to-month type of rental agreement may be the best choice. In this type of contract, the term ends every month, with the option for the tenant to re-lease the property with only fifteen (15) days notice.
Typically, the landlord will require the applying tenant to complete a rental application to ensure that the possible tenant will (most likely) pay the bill(s) on time and keep the property in acceptable condition. To remedy any tenant-induced damage to the property, the landlord should ask the tenant for a security deposit, which is typically equivalent to one (1) months pay of rent.
1. The tenant must be presented an address and title of where to send notices.
2. In all housing units in buildings above three (3) stories, the landlord must present the fire safety precautions.
1. All residential leases must present the following statement;
“RADON GAS: Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that, when it has accumulated in a building in sufficient quantities, may present health risks to persons who are exposed to it over time. Levels of radon that exceed federal and state guidelines have been found in buildings in Florida. Additional information regarding radon and radon testing may be obtained from your county health department.”
1. Upon the landlord’s receipt of the Security Deposit into an escrow account, the tenant must be informed of the Bank Name, Interest Bearing or Non (If so, the interest rate must be disclosed), and should present this notice when doing so.
1. This form is required by federal law for any residential unit that was built before 1978.
83.57 – Whether the landlord or tenant wants to cancel a month to month contract, the other party must be notified within at least fifteen (15) days. **Use Official Notice | For Landlords | For Tenants
- Version 1 | Adobe PDF | Microsoft Word
- Version 2 | Adobe PDF | Microsoft Word
- Version 3 | Adobe PDF | Microsoft Word
- Multi-Family | Adobe PDF | Microsoft Word